I'm still alive!But too lazy to write and I'm swamped with work.
Happy Easter to everyone! I feel so refreshed and happy to be HIS child. I survived 40 days without meat,alcohol and partying. I feel so clean but I don't think that I'm going back to my usual lifestyle. Party every weekend (well,thanks to my French class), saying goodbye to meat,totally (well,I started eating less meat since the 2nd quarter of 2008) and less alcohol and cigarette!I'm proud of being able to control myself and not give in to temptations. Except for chocolates, I worship them.
During the first week of the lent season, when I was home, Inay would cook for me. The meals that she cook have meat as the "main" ingredient. She also recently learned meat processing and it breaks my heart that I have to refuse beef tapa (my all time favorite), tocino and pork nuggets. I told her that I'm trying to stay away from meat because of this season and that recently, I try not to eat meat that much. She can't do meat fasting for some reason.
Then, on Black Saturday,Inay cooked our favorite pansit. I ate like, 1/4 of a small plate setting aside pork liver. Come 12:00 Midnight, I and my siblings celebrated early Easter eating pansit (with all the ingredients) and chocolates!
The sacrifices I had to make and the joy of being able to surpass the temptations. Feels so good. I also finished the book that my friend Tina lend me in time for Easter. It's a great book and I realized a lot of things and the author focused on God's love for us. =)
I'm hoping that this week will be a good one for me and the team.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment