Thursday, August 28, 2008

La Vie En Rose



I watched Sabrina today, a classic film starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. Its official soundtrack (I really think) is La Vie En Rose by Edith Piaf. I have seen this movie in that cable channel TCM (not sure) where they play classic films. Though I wasn't able to finish Sabrina that time, the song is also one of the soundtracks for the movie Wall-E. And a friend told me that the song was also played in the movie Sabrina so I decided to watch the whole film. Luckily my gay housemate kept a VCD copy of it.

Well, I'm giving it 2 stars out of five. I didn't like Audrey Hepburn's acting. I'd like to think that this is not her first movie. Maybe during that time, she was at her best? I like William Holden’s acting more. I also didn’t see in Humphrey Bogart’s eyes (or acting) the moment he fell in love with Audrey Hepburn’s character. Lack of passion in his eyes.

Oh well, maybe my point of view in movies is way too far from the movies in the 50’s. Maybe they were really at that best in that way. But one thing is for sure, La Vie En Rose is such a nice and romantic song. I would like that song playing in my “future” wedding. If there’s a “future”. Harhar

La Vie En Rose, the life in pink in French or Life through rose-tinted glasses. So sweet and makes me feel happy whenever I hear it. I liked also how Edith Piaf sung this song. So passionate.

Ok. HOPELESS ROMANTIC ALERT. harhar

No comments: