Wednesday, September 30, 2009

God is Great

Yes,He is. I'd like to give strength to my friends who were deeply affected by the typhoon. I woke up last Saturday,irritated because of the rain and not knowing the chaos it would leave this country. As we watched the news and text messages from my good friend Mats, I realized that there's no reason for me to be irritated. Instead, I prayed and reached out to my friends and family who are possibly affected by Ondoy. I felt so helpless (yes,I felt that) because I don't know what to do,how will I be able to help them? But I know that prayer is a powerful weapon. I know that He always listen.

I also received news that some of the students and professors were stranded at St.Paul University-Manila. I sent a message to Ms. Pat (Head of Student Affairs Office) and asked how are they doing and I hope that they are just okay. She responded that they are just fine and asked immediately for help for the typhoon victims. Four years in St.Paul gave me the gift of compassion and charity and I immediately looked for old clothes that my family could donate. It's too bad that we can't go beyond Imus since Bacoor was flooded too. I'm now waiting for Inay so that we can go to St.Paul to volunteer and give our donation.

Last night,while watching the news, I told my family that when I have enough money, I will build a Foundation that would help the less fortunate people and to help in times like this. My sister said that it's her dream too. My mother said: "That's right. Where will you spend your money?On cars,houses?But you won't be needing it when you die." Of course,my brother was apathetic about the issue.

The greatest way to go through this tough time is to PRAY. Let's pray for strength and hope. God won't leave our side.

1 comment:

Elsbet said...

hey cors, yung gift of compassion and charity in general ay di nakukuha sa 4 years lang... it's there within you, even before you went to st. paul. :)

pag may foundation ka na , makikisali ang buong KD!

hehe :) ingat! ciao!