Saturday, December 20, 2008

AND THE REASON IS YOU




I feel so blessed to have spent my time with the less fortunate kids. Last Saturday, December 13th, the Corporate Service Head of IBM Philippines invited us to join them in the Christmas Party they organized for the GK Kids. I had a lot of fun and the kids are so talented. They danced and sang for us. So heartwarming. I also appreciate what the "elders" of the community are doing, I know that they are teaching these kids good values(i.e.,praying before eating). That week had been so stressful for me. From work related stress and all but when I saw these kids and talked to them, after the party, I even had the energy to go to the bookstore to buy gifts for the orphans of Precious Heritage Children's Home (another institution that we are helping especially for Christmas).

The following week, the PHCH kids visited the employees at the office for a Christmas Carol activity. The rest of the IBM club folks witnessed how the people were touched by the activity and they donated more money for our Charity Tree Project. Sweet. =)
After the activity, they went straight to McDonald's for a party. When I got there, I was greeted by this 4-year old kid. His name is Den-Den, a very jolly and sweet kid. He's the crowd's favorite actually. The kids from the center are well-behaved,very sweet and very appreciative and I want to see them again. Take note, these are physically abused, malnourished and abandoned kids. So just think at a tender age, they have to experience those things.

Christmas is not only the season we could "give back" from all the blessings we received. As long as we have the chance all throughout the year, we should visit institutions like PHCH and make other people happy.

*PICTURES FROM PHCH PARTY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

agree... the spirit of Christmas should be felt all year round...

this is really sweeeeet,cors.

Anonymous said...

aww...thanks beth=)