We hate plastics,right?I sometimes despise people who have this kind of attitude. However,I realized just now, that although they flash their phony smiles at me and blab something about me when I'm not around,it doesn't affect me.I realized that it is a form of coping mechanism to treat others fairly,not to hurt them and not to hurt yourself.Am I making sense?I mean,people become Plastics to show pakikisama.Talk about the law of HARMONY.
I'll admit that I'm a plastic.Why do I do that?!To stop myself from saying unpleasant things or nasty comments to other people.See,that is pakikisama. And that attitude runs in my vein,your vein and to every Filipino's vein.So now I can conclude that Filipinos are naturally plastics.
Why I wrote about this?I remembered a highschool classmate and we had this bad competition or bad thingie between us.I saw her profile on friendster and she mentioned that she hates Plastics. I don't want to be paranoid with that,that she is referring to me or something.Nor I don't want to sound like so defensive or what. But I felt something that I don't like.Ok,let me share a short(a brief one) story.When we were on our 4thyear,things are kinda tight,I mean,academically speaking because I think majority of the CAT Officers are in our class that's why our section has been labelled as the champions, whatever.Those people who acquired hydrocephalus were pressured by their commandant to have good grades and to be in the class' top 10.So all of them are trying their very best and came to a point that they were trying so hard to be on the top of everything.On the other hand,I don't want to brag but I got the teachers' attention effortlessly.They always have their eyes on me especially Mrs.Patilla and Ms.Manuel(or is it Mrs.Sy now?) aside from the fact that I'm talkative thats why their eyes were on me(Aurea,Alena,agree?)Hehehe.And although I accept the fact that I got the top1 post because of "lack of competitors" as Mrs. Statistics put it.I forgot her surname.Competitors,meaning people who are established and consistent honor students in our school.So where I am?I said that this is just brief.Well,if you're getting bored,close this page.
Ok,teachers notice me because I think I'm BIBO.Wahaha...But honestly,not like MDB's kabibuhan.However,I can still say that I'm kinda "mahiyain".Aurea,you can comment,of course.Alena,I'd love to hear yours.
Well,here's the thing now,After announcing to the whole batch that I got the top spot,this girl greeted me with a handshake.Behind her is her bestfriend and she blurted out "Plastic"(she said that to her).So what am I suppose to think at that moment.That she didn't mean what she said to me.That she wants to be on the top spot and she actually despise me after knowing each other for how many years.I don't want to be in that position too.Honestly.Because I really thought that I don't deserve it.It put my friendship with a good friend in jeopardy.Anyway,I don't know what could be the reason why she felt that way towards me.But as far as I'm concerned,I didn't do anything to her.I just played the game fairly(?).I didn't treat her with my phony behavior.The one who tasted that was that cannabis sativa sniffing guy.Duh?!To survive that year,you have to be as phony as you can be because there were lots of trying hards.Poor them.They have to exert lots of effort to reach the top.Well,sorry for them.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment